Since 2006, the EURO WG on Stochastic Modelling has held biennal meetings (called StochMod), which have taken place in various European locations in years alternating with INFORMS APS meetings. These meeting are organized by one or two members of the working group.
The next StochMod will be held in Italy. More information coming soon.
- Previous meetings were held in
- - Lancaster, UK, 2018
- - Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, 2016
- - Mannheim, Germany, 2014
- - Paris, France, 2012
- - Nafplio, Greece, 2010
- - Istanbul, Turkey, 2008
- - Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2006.
The EURO Working Group on Stochastic Modelling was formed to serve as a platform for researchers in Europe who have an interest in stochastic modeling. Anyone interested in presenting their work, participating in the discussions, or learning about the topic of stochastic modelling is welcome to join the working group and its meetings. The scope of the meetings includes both theoretical advances in stochastic modelling techniques and relevant innovative applications. The contribution may lie in the formulation of new stochastic models, in the development of new analytical methods, or in the innovative application of existing models and methods.
- Theoretical research topics include but are not restricted to modelling and/or optimisation in
- - Queueing theory
- - Markov decision processes
- - Stochastic processes
- - Simulation
- - Routing, scheduling and resource allocation
- - Bayesian statistics
- - Machine learning and data science
- - Game theory and behavior theory
- - Approximation, heuristic and asymptotic methods
- - Robust and multicriteria decision making.
- The list of relevant applications includes but is not restricted to
- - Service operations, such as healthcare systems and contact centres
- - Business innovations, such as sharing economy and online market places
- - Social networks and communications systems
- - Biometrics, epidemiology and medical decision making
- - Supply chains and manufacturing/production systems
- - Logistics and transportation
- - Revenue management and pricing
- - Economics, financial markets and risk management
- - Energy systems
- - Business and marketing analytics
- - Humanitarian and non-for-profit projects.
We also welcome contributions at the intersection of stochastic modelling with topics of other EURO Working groups, especially Network Optimization, Stochastic Optimization, Pricing and Revenue Management, Commodities and Financial Modelling, Data Science meets Optimization, and Project Management and Scheduling.